The World Has Gone Mad.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

avatar
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
Posts : 4110
User Points : 14082
Posting Flair : 1455
Join date : 2012-06-14
Age : 104
Location : Cardiff
View user profile

PostCyncoedslumdog on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Words fail me - that doesn't happen very often.
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-introduce-gender-neutral-prefix
why
avatar
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 8219
User Points : 25992
Posting Flair : 1830
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

PostTDA on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:04 am

Heard something similar yesterday about no longer being able to say "Good morning Girls / Boys" in single sex schools. It has to be "Good morning Pupils / Students"

crazy
avatar
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
Posts : 4110
User Points : 14082
Posting Flair : 1455
Join date : 2012-06-14
Age : 104
Location : Cardiff
View user profile

PostCyncoedslumdog on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:25 am

@TDA wrote:Heard something similar yesterday about no longer being able to say "Good morning Girls / Boys" in single sex schools.  It has to be "Good morning Pupils / Students"

crazy

TDA obviously stands for The Definite Article.
bravo
avatar
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 8219
User Points : 25992
Posting Flair : 1830
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

PostTDA on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:23 am

@Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
@TDA wrote:Heard something similar yesterday about no longer being able to say "Good morning Girls / Boys" in single sex schools.  It has to be "Good morning Pupils / Students"

crazy

TDA obviously stands for The Definite Article.
bravo

Yes, indeed, but in French (and most languages) that has to be masculine or feminine, there is no neuter tense.

avatar
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
Posts : 4110
User Points : 14082
Posting Flair : 1455
Join date : 2012-06-14
Age : 104
Location : Cardiff
View user profile

PostCyncoedslumdog on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:29 am

@TDA wrote:
@Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
@TDA wrote:Heard something similar yesterday about no longer being able to say "Good morning Girls / Boys" in single sex schools.  It has to be "Good morning Pupils / Students"

crazy

TDA obviously stands for The Definite Article.
bravo

Yes, indeed, but in French (and most languages) that has to be masculine or feminine, there is no neuter tense.

Vive la France.
avatar
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 8219
User Points : 25992
Posting Flair : 1830
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

PostTDA on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:57 am

@Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
@TDA wrote:
@Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
@TDA wrote:Heard something similar yesterday about no longer being able to say "Good morning Girls / Boys" in single sex schools.  It has to be "Good morning Pupils / Students"

crazy

TDA obviously stands for The Definite Article.
bravo

Yes, indeed, but in French (and most languages) that has to be masculine or feminine, there is no neuter tense.

Vive la France.

Vive la différence! lovesyas
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!


Create a new account

Log in

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.


Log in

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum