Where do you think Cardiff City need strengthening in January?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 34985
Posting Flair : 2219
View user profile http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:53 pm

In a complete rip off of today's WO article, where do you think Cardiff City need strengthening in January?

For me it's a forward. I'm not convinced that Ward is up to the task if/when Zohore goes off the boil and Bogle appears to out of favour.

Other than that, the squad is in great shape in my opinion.
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8472
Posting Flair : 721
View user profile http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:05 pm

I agree with Nathan Blake - we have some good strength in depth at the moment, so minimal alterations needed.

That said, we may have to cash in on Gunnarsson if he doesn't sign a new contract between now and January. Joe Ledley will be a free agent at the same time and he's proved at Derby that he's probably a bit too good for this level - go after him!
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6547
Posting Flair : 130
View user profile

PostCleve van Leef on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:45 pm

Centre midfield, left back and striker.
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 25796
Posting Flair : 1810
View user profile

PostTDA on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 pm

If nothing changes, then I can't see Gunnarsson wanting to go anywhere. City may well be playing a waiting game as well. Where we are come January might be a deciding factor for both sides.

Any new contract City offer him would probably make him the highest paid player at the club.

I do like Ward and think he will contribute more as the season goes on. I have no doubt that Bogle will be back. He looks too good to ignore on a whim. The international break has come at just the right time for that situation to resolve itself and for Bogle to be rehabilitated into the squad. He's going to miss three games, so come a month's time, he's going to be straining at the leash to get going again.

Where to strengthen? A quality energetic midfielder would always be welcome, but we are short of genuine left sided defenders.
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21120
Posting Flair : 1080
View user profile

PostSlimfrog's Son™ on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:45 pm

@*** G L O V E S *** wrote:I agree with Nathan Blake - we have some good strength in depth at the moment, so minimal alterations needed.

That said, we may have to cash in on Gunnarsson if he doesn't sign a new contract between now and January. Joe Ledley will be a free agent at the same time and he's proved at Derby that he's probably a bit too good for this level - go after him!

I agree. I’m not too worried about left back as I rate Bennett and Paterson as our full-backs on either side but admittedly the cover is weak. I’m not a fan of Peltier and I don’t think Warnock is a big Jazz Richards fan. I’d be happy to give Matt Connolly more game time though and we do have plenty of good youngsters so I’m not too concerned
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28142
Posting Flair : 1896
View user profile http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:21 am

It would be helpful if anybody we do bring in could be useful in delivering a set piece.
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 25796
Posting Flair : 1810
View user profile

PostTDA on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:16 am

@Arkay Dubya wrote:It would be helpful if anybody we do bring in could be useful in delivering a set piece.

Hopefully, Lee Tomlin will be able to find time to practice between sessions of community service.

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum