O/T - Favourite pizza

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

avatar
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 7997
User Points : 25370
Posting Flair : 1780
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

PostTDA on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 am

Ham, pepperoni, green peppers and onions on a tomato base ....

The French love a base of creme fraiche (disgusting)

TDA Jnr believes that pineapple has no place on a pizza, whilst Mrs TDA doesn't believe pizza is real food in the first place.


Any thoughts .....
avatar
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 5688
User Points : 20896
Posting Flair : 1070
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 34
Location : Monmouthshire
View user profile

PostSlimfrog's Son™ on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:23 am

I actually don't mind a Hawaiian pizza and my Mrs is quite a fan.

But plenty of charcuterie with peppers, onions, a good hard cheese (and I like feta on occasion) and some chillies

Not too dissimilar to yours TDA...
avatar
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 5688
User Points : 20896
Posting Flair : 1070
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 34
Location : Monmouthshire
View user profile

PostSlimfrog's Son™ on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:26 am

Slimfrog's Son™️ wrote:I actually don't mind a Hawaiian pizza and my Mrs is quite a fan.

But plenty of charcuterie with peppers, onions, a good hard cheese (and I like feta on occasion) and some chillies

Not too dissimilar to yours TDA...

Obviously tomato as well but that goes without saying. I've also had one with a fried egg in the middle and I liked it. Thin base too....never a thick base.
avatar
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 7997
User Points : 25370
Posting Flair : 1780
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

PostTDA on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:30 am

Quite right. Thin base and good cheese without a doubt.....none of this stuffed crust malarkey.
avatar
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
Posts : 4820
User Points : 22716
Posting Flair : 740
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 33
Location : Tans Lip
View user profile

PostTans Tache on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:50 am

Firstly, pineapple has no place on a pizza... EVER

Secondly, my choice of toppings would be chorizo, mushrooms, pepperoni , jalepenos, bacon, ham, peppers and onions, obviously lashings of cheese and tomato base!

_________________
"Ohh Vincents' Mam - IsWonderful,
Ohh Vincents' Mam - is Wonderful.
She is a big Buddhist Bluebird
Oh Vincents Mam is Wonderful"
avatar
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 5688
User Points : 20896
Posting Flair : 1070
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 34
Location : Monmouthshire
View user profile

PostSlimfrog's Son™ on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 am

I love a nice thin crust pizza with a cold beer on holiday somewhere hot by the sea
avatar
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 7997
User Points : 25370
Posting Flair : 1780
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

PostTDA on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:17 am

Chilli oil?
avatar
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 5688
User Points : 20896
Posting Flair : 1070
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 34
Location : Monmouthshire
View user profile

PostSlimfrog's Son™ on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:30 am

Yes good shout chilli oil is nice
avatar
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 8907
User Points : 28012
Posting Flair : 1896
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 97
Location : Here, there, everywhere
View user profile http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Neapolitan base. San Marzano tomatoes. Fresh basil. Dabs of mozarella. Extra Richard Branson olive oil. Black olives. Prosciutto, with a few anchovies to taste - now, that's a damn pizza!

I spent a month travelling in Italy learning how to make perfect pizza as part of a job I did (true story!) and I ate my bodyweight in the stuff. It's only recently I've gravitated back to eating it again, although, I have to temper it with my very middle-class gluten sensitivity.
avatar
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 5688
User Points : 20896
Posting Flair : 1070
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 34
Location : Monmouthshire
View user profile

PostSlimfrog's Son™ on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Arkay Dubya wrote:Neapolitan base. San Marzano tomatoes. Fresh basil. Dabs of mozarella. Extra Richard Branson olive oil. Black olives. Prosciutto, with a few anchovies to taste - now, that's a damn pizza!

I spent a month travelling in Italy learning how to make perfect pizza as part of a job I did (true story!) and I ate my bodyweight in the stuff. It's only recently I've gravitated back to eating it again, although, I have to temper it with my very middle-class gluten sensitivity.  

Job...
avatar
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 8907
User Points : 28012
Posting Flair : 1896
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 97
Location : Here, there, everywhere
View user profile http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Slimfrog's Son™️ wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:Neapolitan base. San Marzano tomatoes. Fresh basil. Dabs of mozarella. Extra Richard Branson olive oil. Black olives. Prosciutto, with a few anchovies to taste - now, that's a damn pizza!

I spent a month travelling in Italy learning how to make perfect pizza as part of a job I did (true story!) and I ate my bodyweight in the stuff. It's only recently I've gravitated back to eating it again, although, I have to temper it with my very middle-class gluten sensitivity.  

Job...

coat
avatar
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 5688
User Points : 20896
Posting Flair : 1070
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 34
Location : Monmouthshire
View user profile

PostSlimfrog's Son™ on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Arkay Dubya wrote:
Slimfrog's Son™️ wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:Neapolitan base. San Marzano tomatoes. Fresh basil. Dabs of mozarella. Extra Richard Branson olive oil. Black olives. Prosciutto, with a few anchovies to taste - now, that's a damn pizza!

I spent a month travelling in Italy learning how to make perfect pizza as part of a job I did (true story!) and I ate my bodyweight in the stuff. It's only recently I've gravitated back to eating it again, although, I have to temper it with my very middle-class gluten sensitivity.  

Job...

coat



Good shout on the olives, basil and mozzarella. I'd completely forgotten about that.
avatar
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 8907
User Points : 28012
Posting Flair : 1896
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 97
Location : Here, there, everywhere
View user profile http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Yeah, the chilli oil is a good option too!
avatar
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 5688
User Points : 20896
Posting Flair : 1070
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 34
Location : Monmouthshire
View user profile

PostSlimfrog's Son™ on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:08 am

So who is going to head downstairs and actually make this pizza?

I'm pretty hungry.
avatar
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 5688
User Points : 20896
Posting Flair : 1070
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 34
Location : Monmouthshire
View user profile

PostSlimfrog's Son™ on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:09 am

Although having checked the fridge and the recycling bags it looks like Tans Tache has cleared out the beers. Again.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!


Create a new account

Log in

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.


Log in

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum