Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
Posts : 929
User Points : 5864
Posting Flair : 125
Join date : 2012-06-15
View user profile

My City team of all time

on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:35 am
3_5-2
Fred Davies
Danny Malloy. John Charles. Brian Harris

Barry Jones. Ivor Allchurch. Barrie Hole. Steve Gammon. Greg Farrell

Brian Clark. John Toshack


Subs
Graham Vearncombe
Alan Harrington
Mel Charles
Derek Tapscott
Peter King
Robert Earnshaw
Peter Rodrigues

What's yours?
avatar
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 7707
User Points : 24658
Posting Flair : 1720
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

Re: My City team of all time

on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:35 am
Tomorrow, but only players we actually saw play, presumably?
avatar
National Legend
National Legend
Posts : 3818
User Points : 13096
Posting Flair : 1325
Join date : 2012-06-14
Age : 104
Location : Cardiff
View user profile

Re: My City team of all time

on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:52 pm
All players I've seen. 4-4-2 formation.
David Marshall;
Peter Rodrigues, John Charles, Brian Harris, Gary Bell;
Brian Walsh, Ian Gibson, Ivor Allchurch, Willie Anderson;
John Toshack, Michael Chopra.
Subs - Ron Healey, Mel Charles, Colin Baker, Peter Whittingham, Mel Sutton, Robert Earnshaw, Brian Clark.

Strangely, I struggled to think of absolutely top class midfield players who've been with City. I didn't include Ramsey because he was still so young when he left.
avatar
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 7707
User Points : 24658
Posting Flair : 1720
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

Re: My City team of all time

on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:11 pm
Kav?
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
Posts : 929
User Points : 5864
Posting Flair : 125
Join date : 2012-06-15
View user profile

Re: My City team of all time

on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:21 pm
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:All players I've seen.  4-4-2  formation.
David Marshall;
Peter Rodrigues, John Charles, Brian Harris, Gary Bell;
Brian Walsh, Ian Gibson, Ivor Allchurch, Willie Anderson;
John Toshack, Michael Chopra.
Subs - Ron Healey, Mel Charles, Colin Baker, Peter Whittingham, Mel Sutton, Robert Earnshaw, Brian Clark.

Strangely, I struggled to think of absolutely top class midfield players who've been with City. I didn't include Ramsey because he was still so young when he left.

Steve Gammon, Barrie Hole, were 2 excellent midfielders along with Mel Charles who could play at the back and up front as well. Don't know if you were lucky enough to have seen them. It was a great shame Steve's career was cut short by that infamous Denis Law so called tackle, I heard the break the other side of the ground.
avatar
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 7707
User Points : 24658
Posting Flair : 1720
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

Re: My City team of all time

on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:34 pm
Tom Heaton

Peter Rodrigues Don Murray Brian Harris Gary Bell

Ian Gibson Graeme Kavanagh Peter Whittingham

Michael Chopra Jay Bothroyd Craig Bellamy

Subs: David Marshall, SuperKev, Kevin Radcliffe, Gary Medel, Barrie Jones, Brian Clark, Rob Earnshaw
avatar
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 7707
User Points : 24658
Posting Flair : 1720
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

Re: My City team of all time

on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:40 pm
.....close but not quite.....

Bobby Brown, George Johnston, Mark Hudson, Willie Anderson, Adrian Alston, Tony Evans ........

(I hated John Toshack as a player, with a passion ..... wasn't too keen on him as a person either!)
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
Posts : 929
User Points : 5864
Posting Flair : 125
Join date : 2012-06-15
View user profile

Re: My City team of all time

on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:04 pm
TDA wrote:.....close but not quite.....

Bobby Brown, George Johnston, Mark Hudson, Willie Anderson,  Adrian Alston, Tony Evans ........

(I hated John Toshack as a player, with a passion ..... wasn't too keen on him as a person either!)

Bobby Brown was a great signing, sadly another career ended much to early
avatar
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
Posts : 7707
User Points : 24658
Posting Flair : 1720
Join date : 2012-07-06
View user profile

Re: My City team of all time

on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:42 pm
Cleve van Leef wrote:
TDA wrote:.....close but not quite.....

Bobby Brown, George Johnston, Mark Hudson, Willie Anderson,  Adrian Alston, Tony Evans ........

(I hated John Toshack as a player, with a passion ..... wasn't too keen on him as a person either!)

Bobby Brown was a great signing, sadly another career ended much to early

Bad knee injury v Aston Villa on a Boxing Day, I think? I do remember the City medical staff saying at the time, that if they hadn't fitted the " new revolutionary "inflatable knee brace straight away, he might never have played again ........ and guess what, he never played again


Sponsored content

Re: My City team of all time

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum