View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22754
Posting Flair : 740
View user profile

PostTans Tache on Thu May 25, 2017 3:57 am

To be honest seems a while since we went on a cup run, and I for one wouldn't mind one this season, What about u guys?
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 34985
Posting Flair : 2219
View user profile http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys on Thu May 25, 2017 4:13 am

Leagues a priority for me this year tache...everything else, including international friendlies, are just an annoyance for me
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090
View user profile

PostTyrion Tannister on Thu May 25, 2017 4:22 am

I was going to make a topic of my own but it kind of ties into what is already being asked - what would you deem a 'good' season next year?

For me, I think the squad handled properly could challenge for playoffs, so I'd consider finishing above 8th whilst keeping the financial situation under control good progress. I think a cup run while nice would be distracting from the improvements the club needs.
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 25768
Posting Flair : 1810
View user profile

PostTDA on Thu May 25, 2017 7:52 am

Red614 wrote:I was going to make a topic of my own but it kind of ties into what is already being asked - what would you deem a 'good' season next year?

For me, I think the squad handled properly could challenge for playoffs, so I'd consider finishing above 8th whilst keeping the financial situation under control good progress. I think a cup run while nice would be distracting from the improvements the club needs.

Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28128
Posting Flair : 1896
View user profile http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya on Thu May 25, 2017 11:34 pm

In truth, as long as we're safe from relegation I'd love a cup run. Those are the things that you remember the most over time.
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14014
Posting Flair : 1455
View user profile

PostCyncoedslumdog on Fri May 26, 2017 7:48 am

It's a great competition which starts in August with hundreds of little more than parks teams. Other slightly higher ranked teams then join in each round until the third round stage in January when the 'big' teams join in. Unfortunately the competition then loses its magic with reserve teams being played and little respect being shown for the competition.
Unfortunately, unless you get to Wembley, the 'magic' of the cup in the later stages is no more.
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28128
Posting Flair : 1896
View user profile http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya on Fri May 26, 2017 8:57 pm

@Cyncoedslumdog wrote:It's a great competition which starts in August with hundreds of little more than parks teams. Other slightly higher ranked teams then join in each round until the third round stage in January when the 'big' teams join in. Unfortunately the competition then loses its magic with reserve teams being played and little respect being shown for the competition.
Unfortunately, unless you get to Wembley, the 'magic' of the cup in the later stages is no more.

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum