View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 25796
Posting Flair : 1810
View user profile

PostTDA on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:42 pm

I wonder how the season would have gone if Freddie Gounongbe hadn't missed that open goal from a yard out up at Brum? Seemed to me that it set the tone for what was to follow.....

....speaking of Freddie G, where is he? Is he still with the club, injured, out on loan perhaps? If not, to go with only six subs on Tuesday with Mark Harris and Meilte on the bench doesn't bode well for his future with Neil Warnock at the helm. I may be doing him an injustice, but he seems to have disappeared from all reports or comments recently.

Some harsh words from NW about Declan John and Craig Noone this week, so it is pretty clear that everyone is playing for his place in next season's squad.

For today, I hope that we see continuing commitment from City with next season in mind. We are so close to being a decent side at the moment, but just lapsing at vital times......still should have enough to see off Brum - 2 - 0 City
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8472
Posting Flair : 721
View user profile http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:51 pm

Really, badly struggling for motivation in terms of this season. Just jostling for position in mid-table for the next two months.

In typical downbeat mood, I'll back Brum to snatch a rare win today - 2-1 Crying or Very sad
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 25796
Posting Flair : 1810
View user profile

PostTDA on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:54 am

Well, young Gloves, this is just not good enough!  

When you have followed City for as long as I have, or Cleve, or even Slumdog Snr (wherever he is), then you will recognise that this is a season that mustn't just fizzle out, but be something to provide a foundation to build on for next year.

Finishing top or in the playoffs is not the be all and end all, it's what potential that can be seen that holds the interest.

It may all come to naught, but Neil Warnock provides the glimmer of a real hope that has been sadly missing from this club for a long time.
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8472
Posting Flair : 721
View user profile http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 pm

@TDA wrote:Well, young Gloves, this is just not good enough!  

When you have followed City for as long as I have, or Cleve, or even Slumdog Snr (wherever he is), then you will recognise that this is a season that mustn't just fizzle out, but be something to provide a foundation to build on for next year.

Finishing top or in the playoffs is not the be all and end all, it's what potential that can be seen that holds the interest.

It may all come to naught, but Neil Warnock provides the glimmer of a real hope that has been sadly missing from this club for a long time.

Big summer ahead. As good as we have been this year results wise, it will not necessarily continue into next season.

For me, we still need about six new players - three first teamers and a few back-up options.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum