View previous topicGo downView next topic
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 24680
Posting Flair : 1720
View user profile

Paul Trollope's approach

on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:21 pm
Quote from post Shrewsbury interview.  A refreshing change of attitude, in that he recognises that he has the players around which he can construct a system, rather than trying to get players to adapt to a rigid unsuitable one.  

He must have felt so frustrated working under Russell Slade.

Trollope suggested his tactical arrangements were tailor-made to suit the City squad, adding: "We are looking at a few things and for me coming into this role we have got to find a way to win.
"Coaches, managers - you have ideals or philosophies of how you want to play, but you've got to look at the resources you've got, where you are - you've got to fit the people into the positions that suit them and find a way to maximise that.
"I thought long and hard over the summer about the group and what we need to add and hopefully (I've) come up with the right answers - time will tell."
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8262
Posting Flair : 691
View user profilehttp://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Re: Paul Trollope's approach

on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:32 pm
Good stuff.

Incidentally, Trollope is set to step down from his Wales backroom role this week - as planned before the Euros.
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 5870
Posting Flair : 125
View user profile

on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:11 am
Refreshing.
Let's hope he has the ability to be successful, or by October people will be calling for his head.
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 34397
Posting Flair : 2189
View user profilehttp://www.redbluebirds.com

on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:17 pm
His stint with Wales over the summer surely has 'raised his stock' and bought him some extra time to make an impression on the squad and us fans.

These were my thoughts pre-summer "oh God no! Not Trollope!"

Now, however, I'm excited to see what he can do with the squad this season, barring an absolutely disastrous start in the first 10 games, he should be given at least the season to give it a go.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum