View previous topicGo downView next topic
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 24658
Posting Flair : 1720
View user profile

Our next five games (part 2)

on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:25 pm
Our next 5 games are Reading (a), Derby (h), Burnley (a), Fulham (a), QPR (h)......some very tricky games there and maybe not many wins  

Sheff Wed home to Charlton today, so City really need something from our game to hang on to their coat tails.  That said, Charlton looked good against Boro' in Sunday, so maybe they can take a point or three from their game.

After Charlton, Wednesday's next games are Huddersfield (a), Blackburn (h), Brizzle (a) and Ipswich (h).  Very tasty schedule for a team running into form.

However, Derby could slip up further and they may be the team to catch, rather than Wednesday.  Our game against them could be a genuine "6-pointer".  Their schedule - Forest (h), Cardiff (a), Hull (h), Bolton (h), Charlton (a).

Looking at those games for all three clubs, I can't help but feel that City have left it too late and all of those wasted leads and dropped points are going to hurt us at the end of the season.

The only positive I can see is that I can probably cancel Sky Sports a month earlier than I had planned...........
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 5864
Posting Flair : 125
View user profile

Re: Our next five games (part 2)

on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:06 am
Will be lucky to get 3 points.

Side has over achieved and Slade is/has been a lucky manager.

Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 27420
Posting Flair : 1876
View user profilehttp://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:48 am
Got to agree there TDA, think we will tail off over the next five.
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 24658
Posting Flair : 1720
View user profile

on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:58 pm

Three of those games gone and we have taken 5 points. Derby have earned 6 and Wednesday the full 9.

We may be running into form at last and had the more difficult games, but we have lost ground.

This weekend City away to Fulham, whilst Wednesday are at Brizzle and Derby home to Bolton. It doesn't seem likely that we will close the gap, but the worry is that it could open up further and that would just about be game-up!
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 27420
Posting Flair : 1876
View user profilehttp://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:25 pm
Yes, sadly our early season failures could well prove to be our undoing. On the plus side, it's good that we now seem to at least trying to play football. I hope Rusty Spade had learned from this if he is to stay on.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum