View previous topicGo downView next topic
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3909
Posting Flair : 220
View user profile

Been in work all day today

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:14 am
What's the general concensus with the goings on today? Is anyone feeling positive?
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 24626
Posting Flair : 1720
View user profile

Re: Been in work all day today

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:54 pm
I think the signings are encouraging, even if the transfer embargo limited what might be possible.

Tamas & Revell out, as well, which is relief to everyone.

Langston & Sam finally sorted out, but I guess only Tan & Dalman will know why it had to be done the way it was.
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 5853
Posting Flair : 130
View user profile

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:36 pm
TDA wrote:I think the signings are encouraging, even if the transfer embargo limited what might be possible.

Tamas & Revell out, as well, which is relief to everyone.

Langston & Sam finally sorted out, but I guess only Tan & Dalman will know why it had to be done the way it was.

The 2 stooges knew all beforehand why it had to be done the way it was.
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
View user profile

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:20 pm
An expensive exercise given the legal fees involved, but I would be interested to know why it was so important to have Sam publically admit that he was behind Langston.

Everyone suspected this, but why suspend payments for the reason they did? Perhaps in the hope of discrediting Sam further, but to what end?
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 13058
Posting Flair : 1325
View user profile

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:41 pm
I agree it was probably to discredit Scam and his 'friends' around the periphery of the Club.
I think it has generated more positivity on and off the field and I might well have made my comeback this Saturday but I think the Six Nations will probably win until I'm more convinced.
Rusty still needs to go before I'm definitely back in the fold.
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18232
Posting Flair : 1050
View user profile

on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:43 am
Tan has become renowned for being surprisingly fickle - he STILL won't drop his problems with Malky even afterakl the FA handled it. I really don't doubt for a minute that he cost himself thousands of pounds in legal fees just because he held a grudge he wouldn't drop - because that's exactly what he has done before.
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 27414
Posting Flair : 1876
View user profilehttp://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:33 am
In fairness, I think if somebody had made some racist comments about or around me I'm pretty sure that I'd want to see them through to resolution, and that I wouldn't be the bad guy in that scenario.
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
View user profile

on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:37 am
Try living with the Froggies if you are sensitive to racist comments.

Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 27414
Posting Flair : 1876
View user profilehttp://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:45 am

I did get a few comments around rugby season whole there but as soon as I told them I was Welsh not English, they were recinded. Not sure if that makes it ok though. scratch
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18232
Posting Flair : 1050
View user profile

on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:56 am
Arkay Dubya wrote:In fairness, I think if somebody had made some racist comments about or around me I'm pretty sure that I'd want to see them through to resolution, and that I wouldn't be the bad guy in that scenario.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, the racism isn't acceptable. But the obsession with the overspend, and reacting to it by wasting lots more money, was just absurd.
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
View user profile

on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:11 pm
Arkay Dubya wrote:

I did get a few comments around rugby season whole there but as soon as I told them I was Welsh not English, they were recinded. Not sure if that makes it ok though. scratch

There's good and bad everywhere, but there is a sizeable proportion of all age groups here who are clearly anti-Brit.

Although you can make a case that racism is never justified, sometimes I feel that the Brits are their own enemy. Many make little attempt to adapt to life in France, not even bothering to learn the language. There is also a massive black economy in the trades, i.e Brits working for Brits for cash.

That said, the vast majority of Brits still put far more in to the general economy than they take out.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum