National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 13096
Posting Flair : 1325
View user profile

Lex Immers!

on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:39 pm
First topic message reminder :

City are on the verge of signing midfielder Lex Immers on loan from Feyenoord where he scored 25 goals in 125 appearances.
Wasn't he Superman's arch enemy?

Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 24680
Posting Flair : 1720
View user profile

Re: Lex Immers!

on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:40 pm
Wherever he was from, I think this signing of Lex Immers is a well-timed boost to morale. We have needed another positive midfield player all season and even with a transfer embargo is in place, this seems good business to me.

Under the terms of the embargo, there cannot be a loan fee involved and Immers' wages must be less than £10,000 per week. Might have been struggling to get similar quality from the Championship or lower PL at that price.
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 5870
Posting Flair : 125
View user profile

on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:03 am
TDA wrote:Wherever he was from, I think this signing of Lex Immers is a well-timed boost to morale.  We have needed another positive midfield player all season and even with a transfer embargo is in place, this seems good business to me.

Under the terms of the embargo, there cannot be a loan fee involved and Immers' wages must be less than £10,000 per week.  Might have been struggling to get similar quality from the Championship or lower PL at that price.

He just realised he thought he was joining Swansea, the biggest Club in Wales. Asked Slade why we weren't playing in white. Now he wants to return to Holland.

:
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 24680
Posting Flair : 1720
View user profile

on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:52 am
Thought he looked okay yesterday. Needs to adjust to the pace of the Championship, but I am encouraged.

Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18232
Posting Flair : 1050
View user profile

on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:10 am
Dutch league stats indicate he is a big strong midfield goalscorer - a poor mans Yaya Toure so to speak

It's definetely felt like our team could do with a few tougher characters, but he certainly won't be helping us in the pace department anytime soon.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum