View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 25206
Posting Flair : 1750
View user profile

PostTDA on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Again after the Nottm Forest game, a recurring comment in the Press is about Peltier's "unwillingness" to get forward and support his winger, which has puzzled me.

In the games I have watched and in highlights, he seems a very capable player when in possession of the ball. He's got decent control, good balance, links well with other players and can cross the ball.

My feeling is that he is a victim of the legacy of the lop-sided midfield and is probably under a definite instruction not to go forward, unlike the left back.

Seems like a waste of an attacking option to me.

Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18416
Posting Flair : 1090
View user profile

PostTyrion Tannister on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:02 am

I'm not too fussed on our fullbacks not tracking forward right now, considering our problems are almost exclusively defensive. In our last seven games we have only failed to score once - if we stopped conceeding, we could be on a huge winning streak by now.
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
View user profile

PostTDA on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:07 am

A good point, but I am a great believer in the principle that if you score more goals than the opposition, then you will probably win the game.....

Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
View user profile

PostTyrion Tannister on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:03 am

Agreed, but I feel attackers play with much more confidence if they know they only have to score once to ensure a win, rather than having to score three times a match and still leave feeling like we got lucky.

Another stat, in those last seven games? We scored 12 and conceded 12. We scored 9 league points in that time too, meaning a goal was the equivalent of just 0.75 points - less than a draw.
thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 678
Posting Flair : 120
View user profile

Postthehumblegringo on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:23 am

I think the full back position has become hugely important in modern football and can be the major difference between an offensive and defensive line up.
It's good if you have got full backs who can do both but unfortunately for us this is not the case.

Fabio's positioning and over exuberance at times is woeful and I disagree about Peltier TDA, he is very very limited as an attacking prospect. Every time he receives the ball his body is already shaped to ping the ball down the line!
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
View user profile

PostTyrion Tannister on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:46 am

Ive often wondered why we haven't considered playing Fabio as a left winger as we also have Declan John to provide bench cover for Malone, afterall. Our attacking play looks much better with him on the pitch.
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
View user profile

PostTDA on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:55 am

I watched a re-run of, I think, the MK Dons game and Peltier did get forward in support of his winger quite a bit. Given what is generally said about him, he surprised me how much he did have to offer in and around the edge of the opposition box. He certainly is no donkey with the ball at his feet.

I can't understand why he doesn't get into those positions more often and I can only think that the discipline (for want of a better word) of the lop-sided midfield formation wont allow him to go forward.
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
View user profile

PostTDA on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:59 am

Red614 wrote:Ive often wondered why we haven't considered playing Fabio as a left winger as we also have Declan John to provide bench cover for Malone, afterall. Our attacking play looks much better with him on the pitch.

That thinking is far too progressive.  Go lie down in that darkened room again........you'll feel better later.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum